Interested in this instrument? Contact us below.
Here begins a new dimension of archiving and reproducing professional piano music. The CEUS digital grand piano reproducing system is first and foremost the expansion of a pianist’s artistic possibilities and in all of its functions subordinate to the acoustic musical instrument, the Bösendorfer concert grand.
Increase in Efficiency
In concert with the CEUS digital grand piano, the pianist can accompany himself, have his concert recorded by CEUS, archive it with perfect authenticity and reuse it for later recordings.
In experimental music, with CEUS the artist has at his disposal an instrument the possibilities of which extend far beyond those of a pianist. No limits are placed upon creativity (MIDI sequencer control, etc.).
After recording on the CEUS, the pianist need not be present for the audio recording in the studio. In turn, the recording engineer need not attend the pianist’s recording session (time, stress and cost savings).
After-the-fact repositioning of the microphones is also possible, as the CEUS is a patient “pianist” who can authentically reproduce the recording umpteen times.
Moreover, all ambient noises (creaking of the piano bench, the pianist’s noises when striking a key) are eliminated.
A singer need not invite a pianist for every practice session, can have the requisite song accompaniments recorded and is independent of the pianist in all respects (time and cost savings).
International Master Classes
Used in pedagogy, the CEUS digital grand piano reproducing system helps students to analyze their mistakes so that they can become aware of their own playing (active-passive!). In addition, teaching can occur over long distances (CEUS will soon make teaching possible between the Mozarteum University in Salzburg and the China Conservatory in Beijing). Long-distance preselection of potential talents for universities (eliminating travel costs) is thereby possible.
The technics of CEUS are easily learn.
It consists of 1500 historical recordings (classical music, dinner music, opera etc.) of famous pianists, like Vladimir Horowitz, Artur Rubinstein, Sergei Rachmaninoff (to name but a few) that you can listen to on your CEUS.
How do we do it?
• Among other things, by means of the precision of sampling which surpasses other systems by no less than a factor of 150 times.
• On each key, optical sensors keep measuring the key position and
even the minutest key movement.
• Microprocessors and highly sensitive electro-magnetic controls (one for each key and pedal) ensure absolute authentic recording and reproduction in hitherto unsurpassed quality.
What do you get out of it?
• At the moment, CEUS is the only computer controlled grand piano world-wide capable of emotionally authentic recording and reproduction of piano pieces, all that with an exceedingly higher accuracy than comparable systems.
• CEUS is the perfect practice instrument for professional pianists, as it enables the pianists to listen to their own performance from an audience’s perspective. Interpretation and performance skills can thus be minutely monitored and refined.
• CEUS ensures recordings without any of the sound distortions introduced by conventional audio systems (microphones, amplifiers, speakers). Live-recordings from the concert hall are now able to be realised with this instrument excluding the disturbing noises associated with live performances.
• CD production recordings can be made and edited on your own instrument. CD production can be continued in any sound studio equipped with a CEUS system at any given time.
• CEUS is your partner of choice for long distance music production.
If you would like to play four-handed but you have only got two hands? CEUS will be at your disposal.
• You already own a Bösendorfer grand and now you prefer a computer controlled grand? CEUS can be built into all Bösendorfer grand pianos (models 170 to 290). But don’t worry: the amazing Bösendorfer sound will remain unchanged even after a customized fitting.
CEUS will work magic
You might perhaps feel like having someone else play for you and conjure up the music of renowned pianists in your own living room. We will compile for you a collection of select piano pieces. At one touch of the remote control CEUS will work magic. Invisible hands will bring your favourite music – recorded at the Vienna Musikverein – into your home. Your friends will be amazed.
• CEUS is available for all Bösendorfer grand pianos from sizes 5’8” to 9’6”. Customized fitting into all Bösendorfer grand pianos is possible (models 170 to 290).
• CEUS has an especially refined control system: sensor touch keys on the fallboard and the keys provide ample room for data in-put.
• The display is wireless and has been fitted discreetly into the fall-board so that the pianist may play without even being aware of a display. The fall-board can still be removed without disconnecting a wire.
• The display switches off automatically when the fallboard is closed.
• Because of its integrated MIDI function, the CEUS can replay pieces from an enourmous number of international musical libraries.
• Obviously, CEUS is completely state-of-the-art as far as data transfer is concerned. A number of interfaces (Fire-Wire, USB, MIDI, etc) makes any kind of data transfer possible, for example the elegant and effortless solution of storage on a USB memory stick.
• Each key position can be accurately monitored with
• CEUS stores recordings directly on the hard disk.
• Variations in temperature or humidity do not have any influence on the instrument. By means of automatic calibration, CEUS levels out all variations immediately and effortlessly.
• Maintenance of regulation, tuning and intonation remains unchanged.
• Key controls and micro processors are fitted discreetly; the replay unit with its solenoids is hardly visible.
• We have patents pending for a number of new inventions and developments in collaboration with TVE and the Vienna University of Technology.
• We from the Bösendorfer team have capitalized on the leading position we have been holding since 1985, and CEUS has considerably increased our head-start in computer piano technology.
• The CEUS system is easy to use without the PC but at the same time is completely PC compatible.
• CEUS is the only computer controlled grand piano capable of precise recording and reproducing pedal movement.
• CEUS carries out the most accurate measurements on the hammer-head.
• Automatic Voltage of 110 or 220 V.
• Accuracy of hammer velocity recordeing: max. 2 milliseconds; this surpasses comparable systems by a factor of at least 10 times.
• Hammer movements before strike: the timing for the final 3.7 mm between the hammer and strings is measured directly at the hammer head with an accuracy of 0.001 milliseconds. This measuring technology has been developed and patented by us.
• Key movements after strike: 8 mm are being measured in 250 different scales per millisecond – other systems offer no more than 12 scales.
• Pedal movement: the total distances are measured in 250 scales per millisecond.
• Dynamic range: progressively variable (compare: MIDI: 127 scales)
- FAQ's coming soon